I turned 30 last week! Since being a teenager, I’ve had an infatuation with being 30 after watching the film 13 Going On 30. It follows the story of Jenna, a 13-year-old girl who wanted nothing but to be 30 after seeing a magazine article titled “30, flirty and fabulous” and she woke up as a 30-year-old.
And here I am, 30. Thirty, flirty and fabulous. Haha. I’m really excited and grateful to finally be at this age and I feel a lot of energetic upgrades already. It almost feels like everything took place to heal old beliefs, reprogram my mind and learn some serious lessons the hard way so others don’t have to.
Here are just 30 of the things I’ve learned:
- Everything is a reflection of your inner state. When someone acts a certain way, it’s a perfect opportunity for you to slow down and tune into your heart centre to see what it’s telling you.
- Feel your thoughts. Always.
- The path of spiritual enlightenment comes with giving yourself up to God. Doing things for God is the ultimate way of “letting go” to receive.
- Surrender, surrender, surrender. Take it all to Al-Noor (the light).
- Wake up for tahajjud (the last third of the night) to pray and meditate.
- Straight and frizzy is not an actual hair type! You have waves or curls that you don’t know about and don’t know how to take care of.
- If you start by wanting to “manifest” something, that’s an invitation to clear your subconscious mind.
- Visit your inner child frequently, daily if you can.
- Trust the process while feeling your feelings.
- Starting a boundary with “I feel” and describing your feelings in simple words is the best way to solve issues with others.
- Forgive, forgive, forgive. Forgive from your heart. If you want people to show up differently, forgive them with your heart. If you want clarity on a situation, forgive with your heart and be grateful. Gratitude and forgiveness don’t take from the gravity of the situation and don’t take your rights away.
- Taking responsibility does not mean it’s your fault.
- Approach scenarios and people with curiosity, not assumption. This is how you become an alchemist.
- It’s okay to let things come to an end. Say goodbye gracefully.
- It is possible to send healing energy to a situation that isn’t in your control or has nothing to do with you. Pray about it and speak with gratitude.
- Money is energy. When you spend it wisely and give generously, it will want to run back to you. This is why charity doesn’t decrease wealth.
- It’s not a bad thing to admit to being wrong. It’s healthy.
- Men aren’t trash.
- When someone comes with “love and light”, make sure that it’s projecting the energy of Al-Wadud (name of Allah: the most loving) and Al-Noor (name of Allah: the light) and if they aren’t, chant those names in your heart to project them and disarm the ego that comes with those powerful words.
- Regulating your nervous system is more important than regulating your emotions. Feel your emotions and calm your nervous system to regulate your reaction to having them.
- Cleaning your energy field/aura is just as important as brushing your teeth.
- Don’t chase high vibrations, chase God. Put God in the centre and pray for your life energy to reflect this and watch how you will become the vessel that raises the vibration in low-vibration places. It’s important to remember that this isn’t you doing it, it’s God.
- People will forget what you know, but they’ll never forget how they made you feel.
- Keep your space clean at all times.
- Carry prayer beads with you to chant, even if it’s silent.
- Not everyone whom you resonate with is your friend. If they aren’t being nice to you, speak your truth and if they let go of you for it, they weren’t your real friend.
- Not everyone has narcissistic personality disorder. Don’t dissect people and don’t hunt for red flags. Take things one step at a time and when they do hurt you, understand how you feel and approach them about it by starting by talking about how you feel as opposed to what they did. You’d be surprised how often people’s actions are unintentional.
- It’s okay to watch trash TV!!!!!!!! BINGE ALL YOU WANT! This need to be intellectual all the time is draining you and it comes from a space of people-pleasing.
- Treat life as a game.
I love you all xx